Sunday, June 22, 2014

Using Social Media

(Originally posted on June 12)

Hello, everyone. I'm Ms. Yamauchi. We've discussed using social media, so let me tell you how I use Facebook, Twitter and Line.

I used to be more active on Twitter, but now I use Facebook more often than Twitter. I use Twitter mainly for professional purposes, that is, to share recourses and ideas about language teaching and learning, to get the latest information about technology, and to find something interesting. So mostly, I post and check links that I find useful or interesting. On the other hand, I use Facebook for various purposes, sharing my teaching experiences, personal events, and books and comics I love. Also I love viewing great photos my "friends" share.

I use LINE for communication with students, because it's much more popular among students than Facebook or Twitter. One thing I don't like about LINE is that you can't use it on multiple devices, which is really inconvenient for me. I want to use social media on my iPads, Nexus, iPod, and laptop! Still, I'm really happy with LINE calls. It's handy and free, and it's a must while traveling outside Japan.

What about you? Do you enjoy using social media?

48 comments:

  1. I use Twitter and LINE.
    Sharing pictures is so fun!
    I like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Takumi for the comment. I like sharing photos a lot too because I really love taking photos^^ What kind of photos do you share?

      Delete
    2. For example,food,animal,etc.

      Delete
    3. Sounds good. Many people love photos of food and animals, and I do too :-)

      Delete
  2. I use LINE and Twitter.LINE is convenient when I talk together more my friends at the same time.It is fun that reading Twitter.Because I like both these social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shiori for the comment. I love reading tweets too. Do you use hashtags (with #) to talk to many people on Twitter?

      Delete
    2. Hashtags are useful when you want to collect and exchange info about a particular topic.

      Delete
  3. I use LINE.
    I want to share pictures !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yuuta. So you only use LINE. What kind of photos do you share?

      Delete
    2. I share viewphotos.

      Delete
    3. Good. I love seeing photos of great views!

      Delete
  4. I use LINE.LINE can communicate my friends who are same school students and I usually don't meet.I use it everyday because it's convenient!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ayaka. So you use LINE to communicate with people you know in person. I think that's the right way to use LINE^^ Aren't you interested in communicating with interesting people you haven't met before?

      Delete
    2. I don't want to communicate with people I haven't met before.

      Delete
    3. I can understand how you feel, and it's important to be careful not to get into troubles. But it's interesting to find "friends" who have much in common.

      Delete
  5. I use only LINE. I do not like Twitter and Facebook. There is a possibility that personal information may be disclosed to Facebook.Twitter troublesome.In the first place,I started the line as well, it is reluctantly for use in club activities.I do not want to use social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback, Kazuki. Glad to know how you feed about using social media. I'd like to point this out. You can manage what you show in public and what you keep private ^^

      Delete
    2. Thanks you replay to my text. I am immature mentally. So,I want to do strictly about enough information management.

      Delete
  6. I use twitter,LINE and facebook. I just started using facebook.
    I love it because I think convinient SNS more than email.
    But I think SNS can't use business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Find great people online and share a lot of interesting things with them! Well, many businesses use SNS!

      Delete
  7. I use Twitter and LINE.It is fun to associate with a person not to know in Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's always fun to find and talk to someone you don't know but have something in common. What topics do you talk about with those you know only on Twitter?

      Delete
    2. It is a hobby mainly.

      Delete
  8. I not using social media

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you don't use any social media? If you're interested, you can start using some anytime^^

      Delete
  9. I don't have careful.
    I use only telephone.I don't use social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right... You don't use social media, so you don't have to be careful about what to make public online. Do you use your phone very often?

      Delete
  10. I use LINE and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What do you like about LINE and Twitter? I think you use them differently.

      Delete
  11. LINE is really convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I guess so. Hope the Auto Add Friend option is off.

      Delete
  12. I use Twitter and LINE.
    I like comunication.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good. Who do you communicate with? I think you talk to different kinds of people on LINe and on Twitter.

      Delete
  13. I'm using Twitter and LINE now.
    I can't allow you to find my ID on LINE.
    But, you can find my user on Twitter.
    SNS is very fun because I can communicate with many people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. I don't allow people to find me by ID on LINE. When my students want to add me, I switch the option on so that they can use my ID to find me.

      Delete
    2. The protection of personal information is very important.
      Recentry,I am not good when not careful because a leak of the personal information become the problem.

      Delete
  14. I use Twitter and LINE.
    They are very convenience to communicate with other people.
    By the way,I have never use Facebook.Because it is no anonymity.
    But I heard that Facebook will look good on my resume.So I want to use Facebook in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you've never used Facebook? I think using real names is one of the good thing about Facebook. People don't do or say bad things when they show their names. Be careful about what to be made public and what to be kept private, and enjoy social networking!

      Delete
  15. I use Twitter , LINE and Facebook.
    It is LINE to use most.
    LINE is very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you talk a lot with people you really know. That's great :-) You can use different media for different purposes!

      Delete
  16. I use Twitter and LINE and Skype and Facebook.
    It is convenient to contact.I use Skype well recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Skype is convenient too, and I also use FaceTime these days. I use FaceTime only with my family, and Skype for business meetings.

      Delete
  17. I use line and twitter. There are convenient . It is fun that reading line and twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are convenient :-) Do you use LINE for reading news also?

      Delete
  18. I use LINE.
    I sharing photograph well recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah you share your photos on LINE! I love sharing photos and I do that often too! If you like photos, how about trying Facebook albums?

      Delete
  19. I use LINE and Twitter.
    It is easy to use it.

    ReplyDelete